Reading skills for the week: making predictions, sequence, fairy tale, synonyms
Reading Test Friday
Vocabulary Test Friday
- brainstorm -to solve a problem by having group members all contribute ideas freely.
- flattened- to make flatter or more level or smooth
- frantically - to act widely excited due to worry or fear
- muttered - means spoken in a low unclear way
- official - means to be properly approved or authorized
- original - means to do, make, or think something new or different
- stale - means if something is older not fresh.
- gracious - very polite in a way that shows respect
- Test on sentences, sentence fragments, every sentence beginning with a capital letter and sentences ending with a punctuation mark.
- writing numbers, expanded form, standard form, comparing numbers, and writing multiplication equations
- test Friday
- Math Homework will be sent home on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday
- Multiplication Test on Friday through 9 x 9
- Test Friday on numbering 5 steps in scientific method and reading and answering questions about scientific method (Study guide on 5 steps in scientific method will be sent home.)
- Renewable and nonrenewable energy will continue to be studied.
A few yearbooks are for sale for $40
- Aug 23 - Title I Parent meeting 3:15 pm - 5:00 pm
- Aug 31 - early release day
- Sept 5 - school dismissed for Labor Day